The pediatricians at A Place to Grow Pediatrics strongly believe that all parents should vaccinate their children according to the schedules recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Centers for Disease Control.
Below are some facts on vaccines and immunizations from the CDC:
- Immunizations have had an enormous impact on improving the health of children in the United States.
- Most parents today have never seen first-hand the devastating consequences that vaccine-preventable diseases have on a family or community. While these diseases are not common in the U.S., they persist around the world.
- It is important that we continue to protect our children with vaccines because outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases can and do occasionally occur in this country.
- Vaccination is one of the best ways parents can protect infants, children, and teens from 16 potentially harmful diseases.
- Vaccine-preventable diseases can be very serious, may require hospitalization, or even be deadly – especially in infants and young children.
- Vaccine-preventable disease levels are at or near record lows due to vaccine compliance.
For more information about children’s vaccines in the U.S., visit the CDC’s web site.
Recommended Pediatric Vaccine Schedule
We recommend the following immunization schedule:
To make an appointment for your child’s immunizations in Yukon, Oklahoma, call the trusted pediatricians at A Place to Grow Pediatrics today at (405) 265-3900.